St Barnabas Warmley
The Safeguarding officer re children is Helen Willcox email@example.com
The Safeguarding officer re vulnerable adults is Helen Willcox Tel 0117 9405086
Safeguarding children, young people and adults
Name of church: St. Barnabas, Warmley (hereinafter referred to as ‘the church’ in the Policy Statement)
We are committed to:
The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with all adults and children.
This includes paying due regard to the beliefs and wishes of adults and children both when a safeguarding concern arises and in the development and delivery of church led activities including worship.
- The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and vulnerable adults, and the establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
- We will carefully select and train all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with safer recruitment principles, including the use of Disclosure and Barring Service disclosures.
- We will respond without delay to every concern raised which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed, co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
- We will seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him, or her, an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
- We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
- In all these principles we will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good practice.
Consequently this policy and all following procedures and guidance will be regularly updated in order to reflect current legislation, guidance and best practice
The full policy is available in church and on this website